Thursday, November 26, 2009

I might be cheap as all hell, but I'm (probably) not gonna do Black Friday

Sorry if I haven't been able to blog the past few weeks, work has been crazy still. And now for Thanksgiving, somehow I wound up in Miami....where it's sunny and 80....:-)

Anyway, it's that time of the year again.....

BLACK FRIDAY!!!!


Uggghhhh. I don't like Black Friday. See one of my first posts as to why.
I'll admit tho, I will try to make it out there tomorrow morning. But only for one thing and one thing alone: Pants.

Yes. I need new jeans. Old Navy has a deal on Black Friday where you can get the new Lego Rock Band for free if you buy $20 worth of stuff, which isn't hard at Old Navy. If anything, you could go to an old navy, then take the game to Gamestop and sell it to them for $25, and you just got yourself a free pair of pants.

And that's pretty much it. Well, maybe somewhere else depending on where I get dragged to with my friend here in Miami...

A bit of a warning for those of you who go out or are planning on spending themselves into the red this year:

-Compare online before you buy in store. Some things are actually cheaper online than on black friday. Blu-Ray players and bluetooth earpieces come to mind.
-It's a good Black Friday for video games. Gamestop has a 360 Elite with 3 good games for 300, or PS3 120gb with 3 good games for 300. While you could get this on Amazon (or something close to it), you could have this one RIGHT NOW.
-Avoid big box retailers like Walmart. With so many people fighting for so few items, it's just not worth the hassle.
-Go in groups with friends and keep cell phones on to keep track of each other.
-In regards to the friends, make sure they are the kind of friends that do not like shopping. That means they'll get what they need, pay for it, and leave. No hanging around and dealing with the crazy people.
-If you can't deal with it, just stay at home. Is it really worth getting push around and waking up at an unGodly hour just to save 30 bucks?

More to follow later. Happy Tofurkey day!

No comments: