Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Getting the best deals in the new year....

I've been stuck at home for the past few days now, the snow has kept us in. 3 foot snow drifts, Portland's lack of foresight and having the 2 plows for the entire city working only the main highways does that for you.

But what does that mean for the penny-pinching gadget person? It means sweet ass deals in the new year.

I haven't bought my monster tv yet. And I haven't done so for a few reasons:

-My first thoughts about size have changed a little. After a week with a 42 inch tv at my gf's place, then a 60 inch tv at my parents, I kinda realized sometimes big can be too big. So I might rethink that. 42 is the MAX for me.
-I haven't been in a single place for more than a week. Since I plan on buying my tv online where it's cheaper, I have to be present to inspect the tv and make sure there's nothing wrong with it and that it didn't get damaged during the shipping process.
-New deals in the new year. See below.

So because all these stores didn't get the foot traffic they need in this oh-so-sad economy, and companies will be reeling from losses in 2008, expect to see a TON of cheap stuff in January. You'll see cheap things coming up in that first full week of January, starting January 4th. Tvs will be cheap I think through Super Bowl Sunday, since historically most tvs are sold during the week before and companies will want to take advantage of that time. We'll see if I get crazy and get one beforehand.

The prices, though, are getting hard to resist.


Next article hopefully as soon as I finish finding prices: Wireless Headphones. Got a request? Send me an email.

Stay smart and stay cheap.

1 comment:

jean hsu said...

OK ALAN. THE NEW YEAR HAPPENED. EITHER BLOG ABOUT YOUR GREAT DEALS. OR GET TO BLOGGIN ABOUT MY EXTERNAL HARDDRIVE (for dummies).